The Guardian Angel program is to offer services, initiatives, and funding opportunities to support qualified volunteer-run animal welfare and rescue charities in British Columbia. More >
Roxy’s Relief is a shelter intervention program that provides basic veterinary care for vulnerable populations. Helping pets of those in need also helps to keep animals with their families and out of the shelter system. More >
Our Pets Are Not Products campaign is an advocacy and awareness initiative. Our goal is to end the retail sale of animals — which in turn will end the existence of breeding mills. Join Us >
The goals of Cruelty-Free BC are to educate consumers on the inhumane and unnecessary practice of animal testing for cosmetics and household products and to educate consumers on how to identify genuine cruelty-free products. More >
• Tens of thousands of cats, dogs, small animals, and reptiles roam the streets or reside in shelters, sanctuaries, and rescue organizations.
• Thousands more suffer daily neglect and abuse at the hands of their guardians.
• There is no criteria required for groups to be involved in animal welfare and rescue.
• There is no accountability or funding support for these organizations.
• There is little corporate, provincial or federal financial support.
• Animal protection-related legislation is outdated and unenforced.
• Existing animal welfare initiatives within the province are stuck in emergency response mode unable to create sustainable solutions that protect animals in need over the long term.
Gitlaxt’aamiks and Laxgalts’ap Pets in the remote communities of Gitlaxt’aamiks and Laxgalts’ap (formerly known as New Aiyansh and Greenville) in northwest BC had some simple Christmas wishes this year. Some needed a shelter from the cold, wet winter. Some needed food so they would not be hungry. Others needed to see the veterinarian and there are no clinics in these villages. Imagine the joy for these pets, their families and the community when Santa’s helpers rolled into town with truckloads of food, dog houses, and a mobile veterinary operation.