About Paws for Hope Animal Foundation (Paws for Hope): Paws for Hope is a Charity based in British Columbia (BC) with a mission to shift the culture of companion animal welfare in BC by creating new models of practice and remediating the underlying causes of harm through cross sector collaboration, education and advocacy.
Paws for Hope values the human-animal bond and believes that, whenever possible, loved pets should be supported in the community in order to keep them with their families. In addition to preserving the significant bond between people and their pets, it helps to free the rescue and shelter system for those pets who are truly homeless and/or survivors of intentional acts of cruelty and neglect.
SpayAid BC partners with veterinary hospitals to eliminate pet over-population in British Columbia by providing a spay/neuter assistance program for low income earners.
Summary of position
The SpayAid BC Coordinator is a volunteer position reporting to the Executive Director. The Coordinator will be the primary liaison between veterinary partners and individuals seeking assistance. Duties include
- Receiving and accessing applications for assistance
- Liasoning with veterinary partners and individuals seeking assistance
- Tracking data
- Maintaining relationships with veterinary and community partner
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, collaborative and a good listener
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Values collaboration, maintaining an environment of honesty, openness and energetic exchange in a professional manner
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in use of Google Drive
- Passionate about animal welfare and the human/animal bond
Approximately 7-10 hours a month. Coordinator must have own computer, and will be supplied cell phone and printer (if needed)
This is a volunteer position. Coordinator will be reimbursed any out of pocket expenses.
Send Cover Letter & Resume to Kathy Powelson. email@example.com