PAWS FOR HOPE ANIMAL FOUNDATION
Paws for Hope Animal Foundation (Paws for Hope) is passionate about animals and their ongoing care and protection. We have a vision where every community embraces all pets as family, ensuring they are loved, free from harm, and where no pet is left behind. Each member of our teams believes in the potential to transform our animal welfare system to create a truly protective animal welfare system for pets in BC.
Summary of Position
The Program Coordinator will be the lead staff member for Paws for Hope Animal Foundation’s No Pet Left Behind Program. The Coordinator is responsible for outreach, stakeholder engagement, program promotion and foster family recruiting, training and support. The Coordinator is also responsible for recruiting and coordinating a small volunteer team to support the program. The Coordinator is accountable to the Executive Director.
This is a home office position and Coordinator will need to be located in Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley region of British Columbia and be a self-directed worker with a vehicle.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Co-develop program policies and protocols
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Recruit, screen and support foster families
• Manage volunteer coordination and engagement
• Receive and assess requests for support
• Coordinate foster placements
• Develop and deliver program presentation for key stakeholders
• Collaborate with partners to develop foster family and volunteer training on issues related to
• Coordinate training facilitation
• Manage program budget
• Manage data collection for research and evaluation purposes
• Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
• Experience working in social services sector, with preference given to anti-violence work and/or education
• Community and stakeholder engagement
• Experience collaboration with both paid and volunteers teams
• Project management
• Curriculum development and training experience, an asset
Skills and Abilities
• Self-motivated, collaborative and a good listener
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Values collaboration, maintaining an environment of honesty, openness and energetic exchange
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
• Passionate about animal welfare and the human/animal bond.
This position is for 30/week.
This is a salary position at $24/hour, with a flexible work schedule.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a cover letter with their resume detailing their experience and qualifications to Paws for Hope Executive Director, Kathy Powelson, at email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2020