Job Title: Fund Development Manager – Contract Position, Part Time
Summary of Position
As the Fund Development Manager you will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing a successful and comprehensive fundraising development plan for Paws for Hope Animal Foundation, B.C.’s only charity to directly help companion animals and established animal rescue and welfare groups with their different areas of need. The position will involve planning, execution, control and evaluation of all fundraising activities for the organization working closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and fundraising volunteers. Your primary goal is to enhance and support Paws for Hope’s mission and to ensure there is a steady increase in financial resources for operations, capital planning and future development, including the creation and growth of endowment funds.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Develop an annual fundraising development plan for Paws for Hope Animal Foundation aligning with the charity’s overriding goals and strategic plan.
- Implement strategies to achieve fundraising goals, increase revenues and cultivate, solicit and provide excellent stewardship of donors.
- Develop and manage Board fundraising capacity.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with donors, corporate sponsors, grant funders and partners. Oversee identification and cultivation of prospects. Recommend and oversee appropriate communication and recognition plans for donors.
- Develop and promote communication with the public, funders, potential donors, members, corporate partners, staff and volunteers through newsletters, daily communications, brochures, website, appeals, some media support and public awareness events.
- Grow existing initiatives and identify new fundraising opportunities based on your experience and skill set.
- Help create a proper, cost-effective fundraising and donor management system and ensure it is properly used, maintained and managed. Also ensure that privacy, ethics and integrity are maintained in relation to donor records for all files and systems.
- Manage production of direct mail campaign including brochure photos, text and printing, database report for mailing labels and liaise with mail house.
- Engage community partners through corporate sponsorships, speaking engagements, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in not for profit fundraising and communications
- Post-secondary education in fundraising management or related business discipline, or equivalent education and professional experience
- Personal integrity, sound judgment, and an honest and forthright approach to working with a team and stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in a fundraising or revenue generating role
- Experience collaborating with staff and volunteers
- Project management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, collaborative and a good listener
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Values collaboration, maintaining an environment of honesty, openness and energetic exchange
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications; fund raising software and databases.
This position is for 7 hours/week.
This is a contract position at $30/hour
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a cover letter with their resume detailing their experience and qualifications by 4:00 p.m. November 21, 2014 to Paws for Hope Executive Director, Kathy Powelson, at email@example.com.